Almost every blog I've looked at since New Years has had a post of New Years resolutions. I used to make resolutions for school when I was younger, but for about 10 years I haven't bothered because I've never kept them for more than the first few months - if that. But now, one of the mini-challenges for this weekend's Bloggiesta! is to write a post with your resolutions (which only means more blogs with resolutions on them). I've decided to make my list of resolutions very small and basic so I can avoid breaking them:
- Update my blog MUCH more often than last year. Last year I started my blog in January, had one post in January, one in June, one in September, one in October, then in November and December I finally kept up with my blog. I'm a full time student, have a full time job, and drive to the other side of the state at least two weekends a month, so it certainly won't be Bloggiesta! every weekend, but I want to try to update at the very least once a week.
- Complete the two reading challenges I've signed up for and determine whether or not I'd be able to handle more next year.
- Get 50 followers. (If you're reading this, you can help with this resolution!)
- Clear out my e-mail.
- Put at least $12,000 in my CD.
- Take a class on effective communication.
- Convince my parents to put up our Christmas village.
- Buy more long-sleeved shirts. The past week and a half have made me realize that even in South Florida, apparently having only five on hand just aren't going to cut it.
Not a long list, I know; but it's eight more resolutions than I had before this challenge. We'll see how it goes.