Wednesday, November 25, 2009

J. Kaye Reading Challenges '10

Seeing others post about reading challenges has lead an inquiring mind to wonder - what are they? Turns out, they're pretty self explanatory. Reading challenges are a form of a challenge to get you to read. The challenges differ by the genre or author of the books, the amount of books you have to read, whether or not you have to have a blog to review the books, etc. I have always loved to read, I just never find the time when I'm in school. I have also been meaning to begin reviewing books on my blog for 5+ months. So, I have joined two reading challenges, hoping that even with a full time school and work schedule in 2010, this will be the motivation I need. (I'll admit, I joined the YA challenge seperately just because I liked the banner so much. :D)


There are four levels for this challenge:

--The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
--Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
--Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
--Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.

For this challenge, I am aiming for the Super Size Me level. Obviously most, if not all, of these books will be children's books. Hopefully, with storytimes just around the corner, this will be easy-peasy.



There are four levels for this challenge:

--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.
--Just My Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 25 Young Adult novels.
--Stepping It Up YA Reading Challenge – Read 50 Young Adult novels.
--Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge – Read 75 Young Adult novels.

Because of my busy schedule and the fact that I am trying for 100 books in the other challenge, I am probably going to shoot for the Mini YA Reading Challenge, and if I do more than 12, good for me.

These challenges do not require a set list of books I plan to read ahead of time, so I will post a list of planned reading, but it is not against the rules to change my mind. 

If you are signed up, or would like to sign up for either of these reading challenges, feel free to contact me. I would love to hear what you are reading and help each other through the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are joining the Support Your Local Library & YA Reading Challenges. I can't wait to start the new year. It's going to be a great year in books. I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com/ 2009-2012.



Disclaimer: The views expressed in the blog are the sole views of the writer (me), and do not reflect the views and/or policies of PBCLS or any other organization.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets