Friday, January 8, 2010

Review (Product) - RobiComb

I have not been asked by anyone or paid to write this "review". I am not a professional actor - paid or unpaid, or anything else you see/hear in the disclaimer of a law firm commercial. I am writing this post for the sole purpose of trying to help those who come into contact with children.

If you or your patrons, children, family, friends, etc. have lice, I'm sorry.

I was graced with the presence of these pesky bugs shortly after starting my job in the Children's department. I had never really been exposed to the risk since I was homeschooled my entire life, but once I started working at the library, oh how I loved my storytimes for school groups, and oh how they loved and hugged (and spread their little critter friends to) me. I freaked out when I first found out I had bugs, but after my initial reaction, I did what you're supposed to do: I went to the store and bought the shampoo  that came with the plastic combs; I washed my hair, cut it to make it easier to go through, then my mom (God love her) helped me go it with the plastic comb; I took all my clothes and sheets to the laundromat and washed everything in the really hot water. Then, every night for a week I washed my hair every night and went through it with the comb. I bled when I combed too hard over an area that apparently had some sort of mole on it, and I got over-emotional and cried a little towards the end of the week thinking the bugs would never go away. Finally, I couldn't stand it any more, and somehow on a drugstore website, I found RobiComb. I went to the store to pick it up and took it home to do my nightly routine; but, this time when my hair dried, I used the RobiComb on it. I will never forget what I said when I turned it on for the first time: "I would jump off someone's head to commit suicide too, if I had to listen to that."

The RobiComb is an electronic comb that requires one AA battery, and when you turn it on it makes an incredibly annoying, high-pitched whining sound. You brush it through (dry) hair and when it runs over a bug, it makes a sound like a bug zapper, and the whining stops. Just use the tiny brush (included) to brush the dead bug out of the comb, and the annoying noise will resume. You continue going through your hair until you can make it all the way around your head without any interruptions, and do this twice a day. Sometimes if you have several loose hairs that get stuck between the teeth it will stop making the whining noise - just inspect the comb carefully to make sure that's all it is, clean off the comb, and continue.

I have really thick hair, and it helped me to completely rid myself of these pesky critters in just a few days, as opposed to the time it was taking with the shampoo (and I still don't know if it ever would have worked without the RobiComb), so I'm convinced it could work for anyone. It was so easy and effective, I even told my boyfriend if I had somehow infested him with lice, I'd get them out of his hair with the RobiComb. It's great to have on hand now, just in case my head ever gets a little itchy and I freak out - it's super easy to check just to be sure. Apparently they make a RobiComb Pro now too, but I can't seem to find any available in the U.S. I haven't used this one, so I can't vouch for it, but it looks like the only difference really is that the teeth of the comb are slightly slanted for easier travel through hair.

My Rating:

Any experiences with either of these wonderful Combs? Please let me know; and I wish you a life lice-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com/ 2009-2012.



Disclaimer: The views expressed in the blog are the sole views of the writer (me), and do not reflect the views and/or policies of PBCLS or any other organization.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets