Monday, July 12, 2010

Where I Have Been/Am

I've read several places/articles where people say bloggers shouldn't apologize to their followers for such things as lack of posting, but I still feel like I owe it to you all to let you know why I haven't been posting for a while.

The answer basically comes down to - summer classes. It doesn't help that I am a world-class procrastinator, have a full time job, spent a week in Peru (you can read my initial post about Peru here), and have picked up another volunteer shift at church. To spare you the boring details, I've been struggling since I got back from Peru to re-adjust and come to terms with some things in my life.

At least two of the guys on my mission team are teachers, one of them found my blog on my Facebook and apparently really likes it (Hi, Juan!). He knows I'm having trouble keeping up with my own school, so I told him he's welcome to guest review on my blog. When he responded with "I don't think I could do it at your level...you have a gift...your writing flows very smoothly", it occurred to me why I don't post unless I can put a lot of time and effort into it - I don't want to let my followers down; I don't want to give (pardon my French) half-assed reviews. I have always loved to write, and I write best (and personally enjoy it most) when I'm writing about what I want, when I want. So I do apologize for not posting, but I also hope you understand why. I want to have the best and most honest reviews, etc. written before I post them, so they take up a lot of time I just don't have right now.

Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to "formally" announce that I have no plans to write any more posts during the month of July. I will hopefully be back on the blogging train in the first week or two of August. Wish me luck in school this week - I have 2+ papers to write.

In the mean time, if you just so happen to be a teacher or children's librarian or children's/YA book reviewer and would like to contribute something to keep my blog active, please feel free to use the contact form found here. If you have a blog of your own it can even be old recycled posts from your blog (credit/links would be given back to your blog, of course). Thank you everyone for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com/ 2009-2012.



Disclaimer: The views expressed in the blog are the sole views of the writer (me), and do not reflect the views and/or policies of PBCLS or any other organization.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets