Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Review (Book) - Kite Day by Will Hillenbrand


"What a day! 
Bear can't believe it. 
It's the perfect day to make and fly a kite with Mole! 
But a surprise is waiting for the two friends on their windy-day adventure." (inside jacket cover)

I'm not sure what to say about this picture book...it is one that I could definitely live without, but at the same time, would be willing to try using in a storytime with a wide range of themes from bears to birds or friendship to rain.


The story is super short - there are typically only two lines of (larger) text per page. I think these sentences would be easily understood even by toddlers, but worry that some children will not be able to follow what is happening in the pictures at the same time without a little prompting (then again, I tend to enjoy asking the children if they notice what is happening in the pictures anyway). In the meantime, the accompanying pictures are well done, using bright colors in a soft hue. (Does that even make sense? I'm so NOT an artist...) I would be interested enough to pick up another Bear and Mole story.

Do you have any experience reading or using this book? Please share your experience with me if you have!

My rating:
.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com/ 2009-2012.



Disclaimer: The views expressed in the blog are the sole views of the writer (me), and do not reflect the views and/or policies of PBCLS or any other organization.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets