Monday, August 27, 2012

10 Steps to Becoming a Better Writer



I came across this little inspirational picture on Pinterest about three days ago...I thought it was cute, but I decided to sort of brush it off and move on (I didn't even bother repinning it, so I'm kind of amazed I was able to find it again for this post); that is, until I spent the afternoon trying to come up with the words to say (or rather, type) to review Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar ChildrenWhere is this review? you may be wondering. It doesn't exist (at least not yet). I gave up because I felt that nothing I was typing was good enough. Then I thought back to this picture. "Write when you don't want to." Looking back, I took almost a year-long hiatus from any writing other than what was required for school (Did I tell you guys? I started my Master's Degree) and just expected to jump back in at the same skill and confidence level as when I last blogged - how unrealistic is that? So now I'm going to write. More. Even more. Even more than that. Even when I feel like the words I'm writing aren't flowing as I'd like them to. So I hope you guys (if you're even still out there after my being gone for so long) are in for a bumpy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com/ 2009-2012.



Disclaimer: The views expressed in the blog are the sole views of the writer (me), and do not reflect the views and/or policies of PBCLS or any other organization.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets