Friday, November 4, 2011

Review (Book) - Cookiebot! by Katie Van Camp

"The Problem: Harry and Horsie want cookies, but the jar is way out of reach.
The Solution: Build CookieBot - the most amazing cookie-grabbing robot ever!
What could go wrong?" (inside jacket cover)


To otherwise summarize this book, I would suggest thinking Frankenstein + King Kong, but over cookies instead of Fay Wray. 


The illustrations of this book were probably the best part. It is very graphic novel/comic book-esque (it reminded me personally of Calvin and Hobbes). The pictures alone (as if the subject of cookies wasn't enough) should draw in reluctant young readers.


I can't really explain why, but I did not personally care for the telling of the story (I did enjoy the ending), though I can see boys (again, especially the reluctant readers) enjoying this book. 


Amazon recommends this book for ages 3 and up.


My rating: 


.5 
(I should probably get a half-crown picture)


Random Note: Other than the illustrations, my favorite part of the book was the "SUGAR CRASH!" (second to last page)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com/ 2009-2012.



Disclaimer: The views expressed in the blog are the sole views of the writer (me), and do not reflect the views and/or policies of PBCLS or any other organization.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets