Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bloggiesta Wrap Up


And I thought last Bloggiesta! I did a bad job of getting stuff done...
This time around I actually took the weekend off of church obligations, and I think I still got less done than last time...

What I got done -
That probably took me just under two hours to do, and those are the only things I would consider directly blog-related. I have to say, though, that I loved being able to just be on Saturday. No school (probably not the wisest choice since I had to rush on Sunday evening to get everything done, but it was nice for a change), no church, no running around... And how did I spend my Saturday? Granted, I did try to start out the day blogging, but then my boyfriend's internet decided it hated me (should I count the time I spent trying to fix it as time spent on Bloggiesta!?), so I read. I read for hours, and I don't even read! I know, I know - slam on the breaks and back up, right? A blogger/reviewer/"librarian" who doesn't read? I guess I should really say I don't read from January - May. I used to love reading when I was a kid. My mom would take me to the library and let me pick out ten books to check out; I would take them home and have them all read that day (it's a good thing we lived about four minutes from the library). But then college happened. People tell you to read textbooks you're probably never going to reference again the rest of your life unless you come across a trivia question someday. I don't like being told what to do, especially when it comes to what I have to read. Therefore, the idea of reading for fun when I'm already bogged down with "necessary" reading for school (especially with now five classes and a full time job) makes me want to reach for a paper bag, and basically makes reading unenjoyable for me. Anyway, I read almost an entire book in one day, and unless it's the normal children's books, I don't usually do that. I haven't decided if I'm going to review it on my blog since it's an "adult" book, so I don't really want to count it towards Bloggiesta! time.

Anyway...

What I learned this Bloggiesta!:
  • Quit trying to be such a perfectionist - Quality of posts should be better than quantity.
  • One post a day when working full time, taking five classes, and...doing other things is something I should feel proud of.
  • Quit going back and trying to fill in days that have already passed with new posts. People miss things that way, and it gets too stressful to feel like you have to play catch-up and write new material.
  • Don't stop "advertising" your blog if you want more followers.
...Really just the excitement/anticipation of Bloggiesta! got me actively working on my blog again (even if it's not as much as I'd like), so I'm thankful for that. I've started to work on some of those "rainy day" posts, and I'm looking to start the 30 Days of Me challenge sometime soon, just to get me back in the habit of writing on a regular basis. And hopefully next Bloggiesta! I'll really be able to give it my best. If I pass the five classes I'm taking now, I'll be a 4-year graduate!

So, what did you learn this Bloggiesta!? Or do you just have other blogger knowledge/advice to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com/ 2009-2012.



Disclaimer: The views expressed in the blog are the sole views of the writer (me), and do not reflect the views and/or policies of PBCLS or any other organization.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets