Friday, November 13, 2009

Review (Card Game) - Monopoly Deal

Monopoly Deal: Another card game for 2-4 players ages 8 and up - the box says games take 15 minutes, but I would suggest longer for the first time you play, and less time as you become more experienced with the game. The object of the game is to collect 3 full sets of [3] properties using money, new "action cards" (anything from "Pass GO - draw 2 more cards" to "Deal Breaker - Steal a full set of properties from any player"), and of course a little chance. I'm not going to begin to try to explain the rules, you'll just have to go over them yourself - and I do recommend reading them several times.

Pros: Much shorter than the original Monopoly; Less clean-up required; Easy to travel with.

Cons: Very complicated directions.

If your teens are tired of playing "old-fashioned" Monopoly at game nights, or if they just don't want to spend hours on one game, this may be a good alternative. I enjoyed playing this game (then again, I won); however, my co-workers did not seem to enjoy it as much until we played a while to understand all the rules. I would not suggest using this game with a group you know has impatient tendencies, and a practice round wouldn't be a bad idea.

You can find this game at Amazon here.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com/ 2009-2012.



Disclaimer: The views expressed in the blog are the sole views of the writer (me), and do not reflect the views and/or policies of PBCLS or any other organization.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets