Saturday, October 31, 2009

Resource (Website) - The OWL at Purdue



You've probably heard of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, but did you know they had an incredibly helpful owl? I found this website when I realized that I did not know if the title of my blog should be " YS Princess' " or " YS Princess's " (hopefully using this website has left me with the right answer). I have to say, writing a review of a grammar website makes me very self-concious of my grammar and spelling.
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/ is Purdue University's Online Writing Lab website. It's free, and you don't have to be a student of the university to use the site. People from elementary school to those who have graduated college could benefit from this website.
With categories of:

  • Creative Writing
  • English as a Second Language
  • General Academic Writing
  • Grammar and Mechanics
  • Internet Literacy
  • Literary Analysis and Criticism
  • Professional, Technical, and Job Search Writing
  • Research and Citation
  • Teaching Writing
  • Tutoring Writing
  • Writing in Engineering
  • Writing in the Social Sciences
  • The Writing Process
OWL covers topics from basic grammar, to citing sources, to possible cures for writer's block.
If grammar interests you at all, or if you just need help with the subject, I recommend checking out this site; you'll probably be able to spend hours browsing the OWL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright http://www.ysprincess.blogspot.com/ 2009-2012.



Disclaimer: The views expressed in the blog are the sole views of the writer (me), and do not reflect the views and/or policies of PBCLS or any other organization.

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets